BioBea (Beauveria bassiana) is a biological insecticide containing a naturally occurring insect killing fungus, B. bassiana .
BioBea contains an entomopathogenic fungus (B. bassiana) that causes the white muscardine disease in insects. Once the microscopic fungal spores of B. bassiana come into contact with the body of an insect host, they germinate and penetrate the cuticle. Once inside the insect, they grow and multiply feeding off the internal tissue, thereby killing the insect within a matter of days. The spores then emerge through the cuticle, forming a white mold around the insect cadaver. This white mold produces new spores, which in turn will infect other pests.
Consult with your local BioBee for product availability in your country.
The BioBea bottle contains 250 grams (1.0 x 10¹⁰ , CFU’s/g).
- Self propagates in the field
- Active against a wide variety of soft bodied pests and mites.
- No resistance development.
- No residues on crops, no re-entry period and no post-harvest interval.
- No phytotoxicity.
- Safe for the environment, growers and beneficial organisms.
BioBea is applied as a soil drench through the drip irrigation system or as a basal spray, using spray equipment.
- Mix the required amount of BioBea with water using 0.5 litres for every 125g product. Stir well to form a uniform suspension.
- Add the suspension to the required volume of water in the spray tank and mix well.
- Add an appropriate wetter at recommended rates and mix thoroughly.
- After mixing with water the product should be drenched/ band applied as soon as possible and washed in with more volumes of water.
- Apply using high volume spray equipment ensuring thorough coverage.
- Avoid chemical fungicide sprays for at least three days before and after application.
- DO NOT store overnight.
- Before combining BioBea with any chemical pesticide in the crop, please consult your BioBee technical representative.
Do not store in sunlight
Apply early in the morning or in the late afternoon
BioBee Sde Eliyahu Ltd. produces and markets biological products. Production is carried out using innovative techniques under controlled quality assurance standards such as ISO 9001:2015, as well as IOBC’s international standards for mass-production of insects. All products are tested to meet specification requirements before leaving the factory.
The success of biological pest control is affected by the crop’s initial pest population (upon application of the product), weather conditions and chemical residue present in the crop, among other possible aggravating factors.
Under no circumstance shall BioBee be liable for the outcome of the implementation in the field, as it has no control over local conditions, the application method, or the possible improper treatment/storage of the product.