BioOrius Combo combines the predatory minute pirate bug Orius laevigatus with BioArtFeed, premium Artemia cysts (decapsulated brine shrimp eggs), a highly nutritious feed which promotes and improves the establishment of BioOrius in crops, before the pest arrive or if flowering is delayed.
BioOrius (Orius laevigatus) is a predatory minute pirate bug equipped with piercing-sucking mouth parts, and two pairs of wings, the front pair being partially rigid. The adult is brown-black with grey spots. Omnivorous, it feeds on plant pollen, sap and a large variety of insect prey. BioOrius Combo can be introduced preventively, before the appearance of pests, to create a “standing army” because the Artemia cysts provided within the bottle will allow it to feed and reproduce regardless of the presence of pollen in the crop.
The availability of quality feed improves dramatically its development and reproduction.
Consult with your local BioBee for product availability in your country.
- BioOrius is packed in a 100 cc bottle containing 1,000 predatory bugs, high quality Artemia cysts and vermiculite.
- At least 80% of the individuals are adults and the rest are 4th and 5th instar nymphs.
- The Artemia cysts nourish the pirate bugs until and after application.
- Allergy warning: contains shellfish
- BioOrius and the feed are applied simultaneously
- Precise application
- Exact feed dosage
- Improved and simplified field application
- Saves time & manpower
- BioOrius is shipped in insulated, chilled boxes. Packaging must be kept intact until placed in the field.
- Keep in a cool location until release.
- Before application, gently rotate the bottle horizontally.
- Apply BioOrius Combo on the top leaves of the plants, thus applying both the pirate bug and the feed in the same location, improving the establishment of BioOrius with just one sprinkle.
- During application, gently rotate the bottle horizontally at separate intervals.
- Apply early in the morning or late in the afternoon, under relatively mild temperatures.
- If necessary BioOrius Combo can be stored up to 24 hours at room temperature of 13-25°C.
The amount and frequency of the application is determined by the target crop, level of infestation, weather conditions and damage inflicted to the crop.
Before combining BioOrius Combo with any chemical pesticide in the crop, please consult your BioBee technical field representative.
Do not store in sunlight
Roll back & forth before use
Apply early morning or late afternoon
Allergy warning: contains shellfish
BioBee Sde Eliyahu Ltd. produces and markets biological products. Production is carried out using innovative techniques under controlled quality assurance standards such as ISO 9001:2015, as well as IOBC’s international standards for mass-production of insects. All products are tested to meet specification requirements before leaving the factory.
The success of biological pest control is affected by the crop’s initial pest population (upon application of the product), weather conditions and chemical residue present in the crop, among other possible aggravating factors.
Under no circumstance shall BioBee be liable for the outcome of the implementation in the field, as it has no control over local conditions, the application method, or the possible improper treatment/storage of the product.